10 books you must read in 2018
Last year, I published a list of 10 books that you must read in 2017. While that list still stands, I created a new list to include all the life-changing books released last year. The books on the 2017 and 2018 list do not overlap, so you may also want to check out the top 10 books you must read in 2017.
Why I choose these books?
There are so many self-development books out there that it’s impossible to read them all. Choosing what to read is an art. If you talk to friends about good books, you will probably have recommendations for at least 10 books. In my case, I have a list of around 100 books I would like to read, and it’s still growing! So, I decided to read either what I felt I needed at the current moment, or what was recommended by the majority of the people I know
So, why you should read these 10 books? Simply put, these books are the highest rated by people that read a lot. I built an algorithm that analyzed over 2000 books on Goodreads.com. Out of these 2000 books, I choose by hand those that have very high ratings and are also popular. I picked 2 books that have been released in 2017, 4 books that have been released 2016, and 4 books that have been released before, but became very popular in recent years.
1. Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World
by Timothy Ferriss
2. Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone
by Brené Brown
Released in 2016
3. The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations for Clarity, Effectiveness, and Serenity
by Ryan Holiday, Stephen Hanselman
4. Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It
by Chris Voss, Tahl Raz
5. Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise
by K. Anders Ericsson, Robert Pool
6. The Invisible Game: Mindset of a Winning Team
by Zoltan Andrejkovics
7. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End
by Atul Gawande
8. Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
by Christopher McDougall
9. As a Man Thinketh
by James Allen
10. The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connections and Courage
by Brené Brown
HabitCoach contains more than 700 habits from the best personal and professional development books! Discover what people do daily to be wealthy, healthy, and happy.