Secret #9: Reverse engineering a successful funnel
There are two ways to make a successful funnel. You either invent everything by yourself, or you reverse engineer a funnel that already exists. If you choose the first way, most likely you will fail, as this is very difficult work. The easier and more likely to succeed is the second way. Find out all your direct and indirect competitors, and carefully analyze, how they are doing each step of the funnel.
You want to reverse engineer the following elements:
- Demographics - Any characteristics that you can recognize from your perfect target audience, like age, sex, education, geographical location, language, income level, and so on.
- Offer - Research deeply what they are offering, not only what’s at the tip of the iceberg. Buy their product or service, in order to find out what other, more expensive offers they have.
- Landing page - This is the most important element of the entire funnel. What does the page look like and what elements does it have? What’s working for them well?
- Traffic source - You don’t need to create the traffic. It’s already out there. You just have to find out where it is and redirect it to your offer.
- Ad copy - What does a successful advertisement look like? Why do people click on the ad? What makes them so good? Where are they placed?
Actions to take