Principles: Life and Work
by Raymond Dalio
This book was written to explain all the principles that are used by Ray Dalio in his company, Bridgewater. This is a truly remarkable book. It has so many great ideas that it’s difficult to handle them all. But HabitCoach was created to collect all the principles from all the best books, including this one. We really love that a book with such a huge value has been written.
Raymond Dalio (born August 8, 1949) is an American investor, hedge fund manager, and philanthropist. Dalio is the founder of the investment firm Bridgewater Associates, one of the world's largest hedge funds.
Great ideas from this book
1. Think for yourself.
2. Embrace reality and deal with it.
3. Use the laws of nature and evolution to your advantage.
4. Look at the machine from a higher level.
5. Use this 5-step process to get what you want out of life.
6. Be radically open-minded.
7. Understand that people are wired very differently.
8. Manage yourself and orchestrate others to get what you want.
9. Learn how to make decisions effectively.
10. Make your passion and your work one and the same.
11. Trust in radical truth and radical transparency.
12. Cultivate meaningful work and meaningful relationships.
13. Create a culture in which it is okay to make mistakes and unacceptable not to learn from them.
14. Get and stay in sync.
15. Take full responsibility for meetings that you run.
16. Believability weight your decision making.
17. Remember that the who is more important than the what.
18. Hire right, because the penalties for hiring wrong are huge.
19. Constantly train, test, evaluate, and sort people.