How To Be F*cking Awesome
by Dan Meredith
Dan Meredith is a great business coach, that has worked with hundreds of people. His approach is different than most coaches - he uses strong words and a high level of energy to help people. This book is different that any other books we know as Dan is not afraid to talk about things that other people prefer to ignore. The titles of the chapters already say a lot: Be selfish, Be shameless, Be weird, etc.
This book is very practical and there is a lot of habits that you can create out of it. We extracted all the important ones. Even those that might sound a little weird at the beginning will help you greatly. Pick and choose whichever habits you’d like to implement in your life, after all, at the end of the day it’s your choice what kind of person you want to be.
Great ideas from this book
1. Be a little bit selfish.
2. Prepare to make sacrifices.
3. Remember to reward yourself.
4. Be shameless.
5. Being a little bit weird is better.
6. Learn how to tell a story and convey your message via video.
7. Be honest with yourself and with your status.
8. Learn from the bests. Directly.
9. Start to educate others.
10. Be a more interesting person. Develop the growth mindset.
11. To be more interesting, be more interested.
12. Read a lot of books from a variety of sources.
13. Learn to tell stories.
14. If someone tells you that you can’t do something, prove them wrong—in the right way.
15. Focus on being productive instead of busy.
16. Every morning, write your three to five most important things to do.
17. Theme your week for the same type of tasks.
18. When you need to get things done, listen to one song over and over again.
19. The first part of the day is yours. All yours.
20. Be around like-minded people.
21. Find a mentor.
22. Invest time in your success. It will not come overnight.
23. Use different communication channels; don’t be lazy to make a call.
24. Use this strategy to deal with very annoying people.