The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
by Stephen R. Covey
Author Stephen R. Covey, an accomplished businessman himself, wrote this step-by-step guide for all those who want to better themselves and their lives, but don’t know where to start. It consists of 7 thoroughly explained habits that you can begin to cultivate at once so that you can become more effective in all areas of your life, whether personal, familial or professional.
About the Author
Over his lifetime, Stephen inspired millions with the power of universal principles. Recognized as one of Time magazine’s 25 most influential Americans, Stephen was one of the world’s foremost leadership authorities, organizational experts, and thought leaders.
Great ideas from this book
1. Start to think from the inside out.
2. Take care of good P/PC balance in all your assets.
3. Watch and change your vocabulary.
4. Always make a list of pros and cons for doing or not doing things.
5. Focus only on things you can influence.
6. Create a mission statement and read it regularly.
7. Picture yourself three years from now and write a vision of yourself.
8. Create a mission statement for your organization.
9. Prioritize important things over urgent ones.
10. Plan your week ahead so you have a clear focus on important tasks.
11. Delegate responsibilities, not tasks.
12. Build up your “emotional bank account” with people close to you.
13. Think win-win or no deal.
14. Actively listen to people and seek to understand emotions.
15. Renew your physical energy by doing exercises.
16. Renew your spiritual energy.
17. Renew your mental energy.
18. Renew your emotional energy.