The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work
by Shawn Achor
Most of us are saying “when I get that job position”, “when I get into that school”, “when I get my raise”, “when I get this partner,” then I will be happy. But this is the opposite of the truth! When you’re happy, you will get that job, that dream vacation, that relationship...
From this book you will learn:
- This book explains that you must FIRST be happy in order to achieve what you want in your life.
- Quick hacks on how to increase happiness in just a few minutes daily.
- Small habits that will increase happiness over time.
- The most important elements to have a happy life.
About the Author
Shawn Achor is an American happiness researcher, author, and speaker known for his advocacy of positive psychology. He authored The Happiness Advantage and founded GoodThink, Inc.
Great ideas from this book
1. Meditate every day for five minutes.
2. Commit conscious acts of kindness.
3. Infuse positivity into your surroundings.
4. Exercise at least three times a week
5. Make a gratitude list every day.
6. Be more social.
7. Focus on all the reasons you will succeed rather than fail.
8. Surround yourself with like-minded people.