The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
by Ryan Holiday
When facing a problem too often we become stuck, depressed, or frustrated. But it needn’t be this way. There is a formula for success. Step by step, we can learn how to turn our adversities into advantages. We can decide if obstacles limit us or if they are opportunities.
About the Author
Ryan Holiday is media strategist for well-known clients like Tucker Max and Dov Charney. He is the Director of Marketing at American Apparel, where his work in advertising is internationally known. His marketing strategies are used as case studies by Twitter, YouTube, and Google, and have been written about in AdAge, the New York Times, Gawker, and Fast Company.
Great ideas from this book
1. See the obstacle as a situation to face.
2. See the obstacle as a situation to face
3. Discipline your perception
4. Recognize your power
5. Steady your nerves.
6. Control your emotions.
7. Control your emotions.
8. Look at your problem objectively
9. Alter your perspective
10. Be focused only on things that you can change
11. Live in the present moment
12. Think differently.
13. Find the opportunity
14. The discipline of action.
15. Get moving.
16. Practice Persistence
19. Follow the process.
20. Do your job, do it right
21. What's right is what works
22. In praise of the flank attack
23. Use obstacles against themselves
24. Channel your energy
25. Seize the offensive
26. Discipline the Will
27. Build your inner citadel
28. Anticipate (Think Negatively).
29. Anticipate (Think Negatively)
30. Accept what you cannot change.
31. Love everything that happens
32. With perseverance through life.
33. Focus on others.
34. Focus on others.
35. Meditate on your mortality
36. Prepare to start again.